Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Conveniently located to serve Jacksonville, FL
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation is a natural breast augmentation procedure using your own body’s unwanted fat. This technique has been increasing in popularity in recent years. The America Board of Plastic Surgery reversed their position on the procedure in 2008, after studies were done that showed the procedure was safe and effective and did not pose any health risks. More and more patients who have been wanting to improve the shape and size of their breasts without implants have been opting for fat transfer breast augmentation.
What are the benefits?
- The procedure is done without an implant so there are no foreign objects left in the body.
- There is the benefit of 2 procedures, breast enlargement and liposuction, which further contours the body.
- The procedure is minimally invasive. The only incisions are very small ones for the liposuction and fat injection, so there is almost no scarring
- The recovery is quicker than traditional breast augmentation.
- There are no late implant complications requiring more surgery.
Who is a good candidate for fat transfer breast augmentation?
The ideal candidate would be one who wants their breast volume increased without an implant, and still wants a natural look. It is good for people who would like to be 1-2 cup sizes larger. It works a little better if patients are not obese. Also, it’s not as possible to achieve that super round upper pole fullness and the “fake look” that some people want. If you are looking for a natural breast augmentation result, with breasts that look and feel natural, then this might be the procedure for you
How is the fat transfer breast augmentation Procedure done?
Surgical Procedure- During surgery, fat is liposuctioned from areas of the body, typically the torso and/or thighs. Then it is washed and prepared to remove the oils, fluid, and connective tissue so that only healthy fat cells are reinjected into the breast tissue. The fat is then carefully placed throughout the breast tissue as a living tissue graft.